Expected Playing11 In Batting Order:
Somerset Expected 11
Essex Expected 11
|1- Babar Azam
2- Tom Banton
3- James Hildreth
4- Tom Abell
5- Tom Lammonby
6- Eddie Byrom
7- R v Merwe
8- Craig Overton
9- Tim Groenewald
10- Jerome Taylor
11- Max Waller
|1- Tom Westley
2- Cameron Delport
3- R t Doeschate
4- Ravi Bopara
5- Dan Lawrence
6- Paul Walter
7- Mohammad Amir
8- Adam Wheater
9- Simon Harmer
10- Adam Zampa
11- Aaron Beard
Somerset Team Updates:
- Despite two top run-getters in this tournament batting for them, the Somerset side has struggled to convert it into results
- Tom Banton and Babar Azam will probably open the inning for the Somerset team.
- Babar Azam has 267 runs with two fifties while Tom Banton amassed 256 runs with three half-centuries
- Tom Abell (C), James Hildreth, Eddie Byrom will handle the middle order of the team
- Tom Abell will lead the Somerset team as a Captain. He is also good Batsman.
- Tom Banton will do the wicket keeping for Somerset team.
- Jamie Overton, J Taylor and Craig Overton will lead the pace attack of the team.
- erome Taylor might be expensive but has taken a wicket in every 6 games game he played
Essex Team Updates:
- The Essex is on the same line as Somerset with two wins after six games. However, they got an extra point thanks to an abandoned game
- Essex has brought back Ravi Bopara for this game who was left out after initial failures.
- Cameron Delport and Tom Westely will probably open the inning for the Essex team. Both are well known inning openers.
- Adam Wheater (WK), Dan Lawrence, Ryan ten Doeschate will handle the middle order of the team
- Simon Harmer will lead the Essex team as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler.
- Adam Wheater will do the Wicket Keeping duty for his Essex team.
- Mohammad Amir and Aaron Beard will take care of the pace attack for his team.
- In wicket keeping, Tom Banton will be best choice.
- Fast bowlers may play major role on this pitch.
Chelmsford’s County Ground is good for batsmen as it witnessed a couple of high-scoring matches this season. The pitch here remains the same for the most part of the game. Chasing big totals won’t be tough if any team has enough depth in batting.
The Chelmsford weather is forecasted to be clear throughout the day and also during the match time. A full 20 overs match is expected to take place on Wednesday.
Average first innings score: 169 (Unaffected T20 Blast matches since 2018)
Record of chasing teams: Won – 3, Lost – 3
Babar Azam, Tom Banton(WK), James Hildreth, Tom Abell(C), Tom Lammonby, Eddie Byrom, Roelof van der Merwe, Jamie Overton, Craig Overton, Jerome Taylor, Max Waller, Ben Green, Lewis Gregory, Tim Rouse, Steve Davies(WK), George Bartlett, Josh Davey, Tim Groenewald, Peter Trego, Jack Brooks, Nathan Gilchrist, Jack Leach, Ollie Sale, Paul van Meekeren
Tom Westley, Cameron Delport, Ryan ten Doeschate, Ravi Bopara, Dan Lawrence, Mohammad Amir, Adam Wheater(WK), Simon Harmer(C), Adam Zampa, Aaron Beard, Shane Snater, Michael Pepper(WK), Nick Browne, Varun Chopra, Feroze Khushi, Alastair Cook, Aron Nijjar, Jamie Porter, Matthew Quinn, Peter Siddle, Paul Walter, Samuel Cook, Jack Plom