Expected Playing11 In Batting Order:
Sri Lanka Expected 11
New Zealand Expected 11
|1- Pavan Deshpande
2- S Prashanth
3- HS Sharath
4- Nihal Ullal
5- Rohith Gowda
6- Arjun Hoysala
7- Akshay Ballal
8- M Nidish
9- K Rohit
10- P Gangadhar
11- S Shivaraj
|1- Jeet Raval
2- Tom Latham
3- Kane Williamson
4- Ross Taylor
5- Henry Nicholls
6- BJ Watling
7- M Santner
8- Tim Southee
9- W Somerville
10- Trent Boult
11- Ajaz Patel
Match Preview: The Test format will allow both the teams to leave behind their disappointment of the World Cup to begin a new journey. The primary reason behind a major chunk of the visiting team looking forward to this series is the fact that they haven’t played a Test in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka Team Updates:
- Dimuth Karunaratne and Lahiru Thirimanne will probably open the inning for the Sri Lanka team.
- Dimuth Karunaratne was in really good touch in WC, he would be looking to continue his form
- Oshada Fernando, Kusal Mendis and Angelo Mathews will handle the middle order of the team
- D De Silva and N Dickwella will be the lower middle order batsman of the team
- Dimuth Karunaratne will lead the Sri Lanka team as a Captain. He is also good Batsman.
- Niroshan Dickwella will do the wicket keeping for Sri Lanka team.
- Lasith Embuldeniya and Akila Dananjaya will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Suranga Lakmal , Vishwa Fernando and Lasith Embuldeniyawill lead the pace attack of the team.
New Zealand Team Updates:
- Jeet Raval and Tom Latham will probably open the inning for the New Zealand team.
- Both are well knonw test openers, Tom latham could not do much in the WC because of His lower down, but he will be looking to perform in the tests
- K Williamson, R Taylor and H Nichollas will handle the middle order of the team
- K Williamson was man of the tournament in WC 2019, He scored more than 600 runs , he is in red hot form
- Kane Williamson will lead the New Zealand team as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman.
- BJ Watling will do the Wicket Keeping duty for his New Zealand team.
- In six Test against Sri Lanka, Watling has scored 271 runs at an average of 45.16 and a strike rate of 43.15 including one century.
- Mitchell Santner and Todd Astle will lead the spin attack of the team.
- Trent Boult and T Southee will take care of the pace attack for his team.
- Both the Pace bowlers have the experience of playing in Srilankan Conditions
Last 5 Head to Head:
Sri Lanka: 0 Wins
New Zealand: 4 Wins
Sri Lanka and New Zealand have faced each other in last 5 matches in 2014/2015, 2015/2016 and 2018/2019. New Zealand has won the match 4 times while 1 match was draw
- In wicket keeping, You can put Both of them in your team
- Spin bowlers may play major role on this pitch.
- Pick more allrounders in your team , they will be cruicial in this match
Small League Must Picks:
Sri Lanka: D Karunaratne, K Mendis, A Mathews, D De silva
New Zealand: K Williamson, R Taylor, T Boult, M Santener
Pitch in the subcontinent becomes dry as the match day passes, so we can expect that spinners will get good help in the day 3, 4 and 5 of the match
The weather will be clean with slight cloud. But there is no chances of rain, We can expect a good match between the two sides.
Venue Scoring Stats:
|Avg 1st inn score:||379|
|Avg 2nd inn score:||302|
From Sri Lanka:
Dimuth Karunaratne(C), Lahiru Thirimanne, Kusal Perera(WK), Oshada Fernando, Kusal-Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella(WK), Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dananjaya, Lahiru Kumara, Lasith Embuldeniya, Suranga Lakmal, Vishwa Fernando, Dinesh Chandimal, Lakshan Sandakan
From New Zealand:
Jeet Raval, Tom Latham, Kane Williamson(C), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling(WK), Mitchell Santner, Todd Astle, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Neil Wagner, Colin de Grandhomme, Tom Blundell(WK), Ajaz Patel, William Somerville